OpenSea is the biggest marketplace for NFTs where users can place bids, purchase, and store their NFTs on the platform. However, not many prefer storing their NFTs on OpenSea and prefer to store them in MetaMask instead along with cryptos. This is often done to store both NFTs and cryptos in one place instead of juggling with multiple keys.
Moreover, MetaMask boasts robust security features that make it appealing for NFT holders to transfer their digital artwork to the platform. In this article, we will guide you on how to transfer your NFTs from OpenSea to MetaMask.
Transfer NFT from OpenSea to MetaMask
Follow the below steps to transfer your desired NFT collection from OpenSea to the MetaMask platform. Additionally, open your MetaMask wallet and copy your wallet address to keep it handy.
- Open your account on OpenSea and click on the NFT that you wish to transfer to MetaMask.
- After clicking on the NFT, right-click and select the option ‘Send’.
- Search for ‘MetaMask’ in the dropdown and select the platform.
- The window asks for your MetaMask wallet address.
- Carefully key in your MetaMask wallet address or copy-paste it from your source. Double check the wallet address before completing the process.
- After you key in your wallet address, pay the transaction fees to complete the transfer.
- Login to your MetaMask wallet to check if the NFT has been transferred to the account.
Also Read: What Are the Chances of Bitcoin Falling to $0?
How To Find The Transferred NFT?
- The transferred NFT from OpenSea to MetaMask will be under the ‘Collectibles’ tab.
- Copy paste the NFT address in the ‘Collectibles’ tab and the NFT will show up.
- Select the option ‘Add Collectibles’ to store the NFT under your account.
- The NFT will then be shown in your MetaMask wallet.
Above all, both your NFTs and cryptos will now be safe and secure in MetaMask.
What Could Be The Transfer Fee?
For the uninitiated, NFT transfer fees from OpenSea to MetaMask are nominal and users don’t have to shell out a big amount. The charges to transfer the NFTs are between $10 to $20 only. Moreover, the fees need to be paid at the final process of the transaction only.
Also, it is strongly advised to initiate the transaction process on OpenSea’s official website and not go through affiliated links.